Friday, May 15, 2009

My First Airplane Ride

On April 30th Kinsey and I flew to San Diego to see my sister. I hate to fly!!!! I was scared to death and on top of that I have an almost two year old that hates to be confined. I thought to myself "What am I doing"? Well I don't know if I overreacted or if God just knew that I wouldn't be able to handle it if Kinsey was bad or even worse if we had a horrible flight. Clayton dropped us off in Tyler around 10 am. He asked if I needed help going through security. I told him no because how hard could it be to go through security with her in a stroller. Well boy I was wrong!!!! First, we both have to take our shoes off, then I have to empty my bag and they took my antibacterial lotion because it was over 3 ounces. I had to take Kinsey out of her stroller and fold the stroller up and let it go through the scanner. If I put her down she will run so I had to do all of that while holding her and NO ONE offered to help!!! We get to the end and I put her back in the stroller, put our shoes on and start putting everything back in her bag. They keep her juice and told me that they had to test it to make sure it is juice!!! The flight from Tyler to Dallas was great. We got off the plane and I load her up in the stroller and off we go to catch our flight from Dallas to San Diego. They have Air Tran's (like a subway) that take you from gate to gate so I decided that I would just ride the escalator up to the 2nd floor to get on the Air Tran instead of riding the elevator. Everything is going great until we are getting off the escalator. Kinsey stroller wasn't completely locked and it just folded up!!! I couldn't stop laughing!!! We get on the Air Tran and I hold on to the hooks and off we go.....And off Kinsey goes because I didn't hold on to her and that Air Tran takes off!!! She slammed into the wall and by this time everyone thinks I am on crack!!! We made it to San Diego and everything went great!!! Here are some pictures of her on the plane!!! She loved it!!!


















No comments:

Post a Comment